At a Glance
- A community for first-year students in the School of Music
- Students live in Thornwell
- Strengthen your music education beyond the classroom
What Makes This Community Different
Students have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for the rest of their time in the School of Music.
- Have lunch with faculty members from the School of Music.
- Learn from upperclassmen mentors what Jury is and how to prepare for it.
- Go to a diverse selection of concerts with your neighbors.
These are smaller learning communities within residence halls focused on an area of study or student interest. Students in these communities will meet others who share their interests, and have unique opportunities to pursue those interests outside of the classroom.
Applying to Join This Community
Is this the living learning community for you?
Incoming Students: You'll apply as part of your housing application, available on Self-Service Carolina.
Returning Students: Fill out a university housing interest form (available Oct. 1 – 31).