WiSaM Mentorship and Networking Program Proposal
Mentees are graduate students enrolled in the Integrated Biomedical Science Program at USC SOMC. Mentors are USC SOMC staff and faculty members and USC SOMC Alumni. Although a WiSaM initiative, this program is open to all, not only women!
Looking for guidance on personal and/or professional development? Interested in encouraging, empowering and sharing lessons learned? Sign up for our Mentorship and Networking Program!
We will do pairing assignments. Our program is flexible: we let it to you to meet as often as you agree is necessary. We encourage meeting once a month. Suggested topics may include career planning, fellowship/internship/grant applications, abstract submission to a conference, life after school, job search and application, leadership skills, personal growth and networking.
Mentors are expected to
- Listen and assist mentees to establish goals and define milestones
- Provide relevant perspectives to guide mentees towards personal and/or professional success
- Be respectful of the mentee’s time and build trust
Mentees are expected to
- Share information deemed relevant to achieve their own goals
- Be conversant and open to new ideas, ask questions and listen
- Be respectful of the mentor’s time and build trust