The all-virtual TRMC 2022 is hosted by the University of South Carolina's College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management in partnership with Breda University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands), Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (Macau, SAR-China), Nankai University (China), Sunway University (Malaysia) and Zhejiang University City College (China) from October 19 – 20, 2022 (U.S. EST Time 8 a.m. – noon).
The conference theme, “Emerging from turbulent times: Global adaptions in tourism and retailing services,” focuses on a broad range of contemporary topics in tourism, hospitality and retail, as well as the emerging changes and challenges in the “new normal” era.
We welcome researchers and industry professionals to share their experiences and findings at TRMC 2022.
- Customer Behavior and Experiences
- Finance & Economics
- Human Resources, Leadership & Education
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- IT Adoption & Application
- Planning, Policy & Sustainability
- Marketing & Management
Submissions and Deadlines
TRMC 2022 welcomes two forms of research submissions: extended abstract (500 – 1,000 words, excluding references) OR full paper (5,000 – 7,000 words, including references). Once submitted, papers will undergo a blind-review process.
The TRMC 2022 call for papers is now open! To learn more and submit your research, visit TRMC 2022 Submissions Guidelines.
- July 31, 2022: Online paper submission closes at 11:59 p.m. EST, USA
- Aug. 15, 2022: Notification of acceptance; registration opens
- Sep. 15, 2022: Early bird registration deadline and presenter registration deadline
- Sep. 15, 2022: Final abstract / full paper submission due by 11:59 p.m. EST, USA
- Oct. 10, 2022: Regular registration deadline
If you have any questions, please email us at TRMC@mailbox.sc.edu.
All quality papers submitted to the conference will have the opportunity, by invitation, to submit and be published in the featured conference journals. All selected papers will go through a double-blind review process managed by the editorial team of the journal. Papers submitted to the journal will need to comply with the submission guidelines and quality standards of the journals. These journals are:
- Journal of Vacation Marketing (Q1)
- Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism (Q2)
- Tourism Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Tourism & Hospitality Journal (Q2)
- International Journal of Tourism Cities (Q2)
- Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies (Q3)
- Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases
- e-Review of Tourism Research