- Major: Social Work
- Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
- School/College: Social Work
See more information about the program, our curriculum, the admissins process, and our current students.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on December 1; for fullest consideration, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early in the cycle. We will continue to accept and consider applications, as space in the incoming cohort permits, until January 15.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, including non-degree courses taken
- Three letters of reference providing evidence of scholarly potential
- Resume (outline education, work, and volunteer activities)
- Personal Statement
- Scholarly Writing Sample (i.e., published paper, master’s thesis, or major classroom assignment)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for international applicants for whom English is not their primary language
*See program website for GPA criteria and additional information. A master’s degree in social work from a CSWE accredited graduate program is required (a master’s degree in a related field may be considered on a case-by-case basis).
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester