Global Carolina develops initiatives with other institutions around the world, facilitates international collaboration and exchange agreements, and supports the international activities of colleges and departments across campus. The following offices are part of the Global Carolina Initiative:
- The Education Abroad Office, which advises students about international study, while promoting, developing and administering the university's study abroad and student exchange programs.
- International Student Services, which provides guidance and assistance to international students at the university and manages immigration regulatory affairs related to students.
- The International Accelerator Program, which eases the transition for international students from high school in their home country to the University of South Carolina by combining credit-bearing courses from their first year of their degree with additional academic support, instruction and cultural experiences.
- English Programs for Internationals, which provides superior ESL instruction and personalized services accredited by
the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).
That the University of South Carolina is rich in internationally focused opportunities
that engage students in global learning, support the scholarly activities of the university,
and connect our students, faculty and staff to the rest of the world.
Global Carolina maximizes the university’s capacity to engage students in global learning,
achieve and maintain a globally diverse student body and support international scholarly
- Develop a more diverse and academically meritorious student population through international recruitment, support and retention.
- Expand global learning through study abroad, cultural programming and activities in order to better prepare students to thrive and contribute in an increasingly interdependent world.
- Increase the university’s comprehensive internationalization through international outreach, collaboration with partner institutions, and support for internationally focused scholarly activity.