The Bursar's Office facilitates Miscellaneous Non-Student Billing functionality within Banner as a means for departments to bill non-university customers for goods sold or services rendered "on account."
To bill non-university entities, you must complete Miscellaneous Invoice Training through our office. Please contact ARTrain@mailbox.sc.edu to schedule your training.
- The department will create, print and mail official university invoices to customers. University invoices are pre-numbered and available through the Cashier’s Office at 1244 Blossom St.
- Once completed, a copy of the invoice is sent to the Bursar’s Office Accounting and Reporting department and the charge will be recorded on the customer’s account.
- The invoice directs the customer to mail their payment to the Cashier’s Office where the payment is applied to the appropriate invoice when received.
Monthly statements are mailed to the customer on the first of each month.
Past Due Invoices
Invoices are considered past due at 90 days and the Bursar’s Office will communicate with the customer and the university department by letter regarding the outstanding invoices.
At six months, or 180 days, outstanding invoices are considered uncollectable and the invoice is charged back to the department. The customer and university department are notified by letter of the chargeback.
We grant access to certain departments to do mass charge uploads to post charges to a Banner account. User must request access to Mass Charge Upload at www.sc.edu/daps
The Bursar’s Office accepts electronic funds transfer payments for departmental invoices and other university reimbursements. Please email a request for Wire Instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are anticipating a wire/ACH funds on behalf of your department, please send a notification to email@example.com in order to properly claim your funds.
The University Bursar serves as the steward of student financial records at the University of South Carolina. To facilitate our processes in this role, we maintain a suite of systems to maintain and process student financial information.
Systems for Faculty & Staff
The Data Warehouse is a repository of generated reports from student, financial, and human resource systems. Authorized student support staff can view, access, and print reports for administrative purposes.
Internet Native Banner is the student information system at the University of South Carolina. It is primarily used by core administrative offices including the offices of admissions, registrar, financial aid, and bursar to view and maintain data and process transactions.
For new access requests to student financial information, take the following steps:
- Login to www.sc.edu/daps using your network username and password.
- Under the "My Working Requests" tab, click the "Create Request" link.
- Select the "Data Type" of "Bursar(AR)".
- Select the "Category" of "System Access" for access to Banner.
- Select the "Category" of "Reports" for access to Data Warehouse (Cognos).
- Select the appropriate "System or Type".
- Enter in the "Description" field your job duties that require access and use of the system as well as any additional specifics that will help us assign the appropriate rights/permissions.
- Read any "Special Instructions". They may include additional forms that need to be printed, signed and attached back to the DAPS request in the "Attachments" section.
- Review any Policies/Security/FERPA information.
- Check the box indicating you agree to the terms and conditions. Click Submit.
- You will be contacted about signing up for and attending required training for the access requested.
- Access will be approved upon completion of training for the access requested.
To request access to student registration, course schedules, holds, etc, please refer to the Registrar's Office webpage.
University of South Carolina MarketPlace, hosted by TouchNet®, provides the University of South Carolina System with a Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant solution for accepting online payments.
The Bursar's Office offers both monthly training sessions and some additional classes
that are available by appointment only. User must request access to the Bursar (AR)
data in Banner or Data Warehouse at www.sc.edu/daps.
The following courses are offered each month:
- Basic Banner Navigation
- Reading a Banner Account
- AR Reports (formerly Data Warehouse)
- PeopleSoft Depositor Training
Classes for Mass Charge Upload and Mass Charge Upload for Nonstudents are available by appointment by calling 803-777-4233.
Questions about Access or Training
Questions about access or training may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.