If you are interested in applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at the University of South Carolina, you will apply online using the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
- Students applying to the program must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Overall undergraduate GPA and GPA for prerequisite courses are considered in the admissions decision.
- In addition, the program requires GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and writing), two letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s clinical and/or academic skills, and a writing sample (see PTCAS application).
- Admissions interviews are not required.
- Volunteer hours are not required but are encouraged. Fifty (50) hours are recommended.
Our minimum requirements are a: 1) 3.0 GPA (prerequisite), 2) 3.0 GPA (undergraduate or masters), 3) combined GRE of 300 (with no less than 146 each section) with a 3.5 or greater on the writing score. If you apply with scores below this, your file will not be reviewed for admission. Note that this is our minimal requirements, please see the program summary for our average admission scores.
As of February of 2020, the APTA and PTCAS (Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service) has discontinued the Early Decision option, beginning with the next application cycle. All applicants to UofSC’s DPT Program will be applying by the November 1st deadline of each year.
Our program is committed to executing the most balanced and equitable admissions process, and do not foresee this change causing our applicants a disadvantage.