In Fall 2019, the Arnold School of Public Health launched our redesigned MPH programs to meet new accreditation criteria from the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Physical Activity and Public Health MPH applicants must apply through The Centralized
Application Service for Public Health (SOPHAS). Please visit SOPHAS for further details.
Special Note: Contact the program graduate director at firstname.lastname@example.org for permission before applying after the deadline date.
International applicants and applicants seeking a fellowship or graduate assistantship should apply early for consideration.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in exercise science, kinesiology, biology, chemistry, pre-med, nutrition, health sciences, physiology, psychology, public health, physical therapy, medical doctor, from an accredited institution
- Academic prerequisites: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Grade point average of 3.00/4.00 or higher
- GRE scores (optional)
- For international applicants, a satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign
Language (TOEFL) - minimum score of 80 internet-based, 230 computer-based, or 570
paper-based - or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic
Course Type 2 exam - minimum overall band score of 6.5. This requirement may be waived
for applicants that have earned a prior degree from a US institution.
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives describing your academic interests, relevant work experiences, academic/professional goals and objectives which demonstrates a broad educational background that indicates public health interests and experiences in physical activity
- At least three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources; at least one of these letters must be from an academic source.
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Non-US institution transcripts must be verified by World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation service. Please submit a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation (WES ICAP)
- GRE scores (optional)
- Institution code: 0780 (U of South Carolina Sch Pub Hlth SOPHAS)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for those whose native language is not English
- TOEFL: Scores should be submitted electronically using the USC Institutional code: 5818
- IELTS: Scores should be mailed directly to the USC Graduate School:
The Graduate School
University of South Carolina
1705 College Street, Suite 552
Columbia, SC 29208