Schedule for Summer 2022
Please check the schedule regularly as locations or times may change.
Face coverings are required at all testing sites.
If you have a group of more than five that require testing for travel, please call 803-606-9492 to schedule testing a week prior to the testing date.
- 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.
- 7:30 a.m.–12 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.
- Monday, May 30
- Monday, July 4
Please note: Testing parking is adjacent to the 1311 Pendleton building (spaces 1-20).
Please do not park in perimeter spaces.
Before you come to a test site:
- No appointment needed at any of the saliva test sites.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or vape, brush your teeth or chew gum or mints for 30 minutes before testing.
- You may have clear water up until 10 minutes before testing. Hydrate well on your test day.
- Bring your Carolina Card.
The Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory is a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified facility that has applied for Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization for the SalivirDetect Test.
The DGL is housed in more than 3,000 square feet of lab and office space that was extensively renovated and provided to the College of Pharmacy by university leadership. In addition to Laboratory Director Carolyn Banister, there are two supervisors, four full-time staff, four part-time staff, and four undergraduate assistants. The lab operates 5-7 days per week, as needed.
The COVID-19 Saliva-Based Testing Program was established to provide SARS-CoV-2 testing for the entire UofSC community, with results reported to the participant and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) within 24 hours of sample collection. Samples are collected by teams staffed through the College of Pharmacy at strategic locations throughout campus. In addition, “GoTeams” are deployed when needed for specific events or instances where a suspected breakout might be occurring, such as a particular dormitory.
HIPAA Covered Entity
You can review the Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory Notice of Privacy Practices.