Who can be a part of Moving Forward Together 4?
- Are 21 years or older
- Have been diagnosed with Stage 0-3 breast cancer
- Do not participate in regular physical activity
- Able to walk without assistance
- Able to read and speak in English
- Has access to a Smartphone or tablet
- Willing to regularly wear a Fitbit for 12 weeks
We encourage anyone that fits these requirements and wants to be a participant to contact us at NURSMFT4@mailbox.sc.edu or fill out this contact form here.
Why should you participate in Moving Forward Together 4?
There are many benefits to being physically active including: improved physical functioning and mental health, improved cognitive function, reduce sedentary time, and can reduce risk of many chronic diseases.
Here are some of the things our participants from Moving Forward Together 3 have to say:
- “Moving helps you get your life back”
- “I really enjoyed this program; I feel that it is very helpful in improving activity and helps with stress. Thank you for making this program available to me”
- “It will build confidence as well as stamina and a healthier mind and body”
- ” Exercise can only make you feel better”
This project is supported by Grant number RO1-CA242745-01 from the National Cancer Institute.