Faculty and Staff
Pamela J. Wright, PhD(c), MS, MEd, RN, CEN
|College of Nursing|
College of Nursing
Exploring exercise outcome expectations and barriers and facilitators to exercise of women with PCOS to identify training supports for healthy lifestyle behavior change. NIH/NINR-F31 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral Fellowship. 11/15/2020-11/15/2021.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- Emergency Nurses Association
Research Studies (Selected)
- Advancing Knowledge of Exercise as Therapeutic Management for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Developing Smart Technology to Detect Medication-Taking Gestures
- Virtual Home Assistant Use and Perceptions of Usefulness by Older Adults and Support Person Dyads
Corbett, C.F., Combs, E.M., Wright, P.J., Owens, O.L., Stringfellow, I., Nguyen, T.P., & Van Son, C.R. (in peer review). Virtual home assistant use and perceptions of usefulness by older adult and support person dyads. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
Wright, P. J., Pinto, B. M., & Corbett, C. F. (2020). Balancing internal and external validity using Precis-2 and RE-AIM: Case exemplars. Western Journal of Nursing, 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945920940308
Wright, P. J., Corbett, C. F, & Dawson, R.M. (2020). Social construction of the biopsychosocial and medical experiences of women with PCOS. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 76(7), 1728-1736. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jan.14371
Shealy P. W., Lee W. J., DuBose, K. D., Kirkner, G. J., & Ainsworth, B. E. (2004). Risk factor screening and physical activity status among older South Carolinians. Journal of the SC Medical Association, 100, 299e-301e.