The yearlong Fellowship includes five intensive, three-day sessions held in Columbia, SC. The faculty members are nationally known leaders in nursing, healthcare, and public policy. Individual and group coaching throughout the Fellowship will prepare you for the challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities of advanced leadership positions in practice and academia at the local, state and national levels.
- MSN, doctoral prepared, or enrolled in graduate nursing program
- Signature endorsement from official agency or institution sponsor
- Letter of recommendation showing evidence of potential to advance in leadership positions
- Commitment to complete a leadership project as part of the Fellowship
- Financial support from personal resources or sponsorship from an institution, organization or other benefactor
The current tuition is $4,000 per Fellow. Tuition rates are evaluated annually. The tuition includes accommodations, course materials, and some meals. Travel arrangements and transportation costs are the responsibility of the individual participant and are not included in the tuition.
Scholarships are available for Fellows.Initial support was received from the Amy V. Cockcroft Endowment, a gift from the first dean of the University of South Carolina College of Nursing.
The Center for Nursing Leadership is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
A selection committee will choose Fellows based on actual and potential leadership contributions, recommendations, and endorsement from the sponsoring institution or organization. The Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, physical ability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or creed.