The College of Nursing strongly encourages you to identify and pursue any scholarship opportunities that will help you pay for your annual educational expenses. With the available scholarships, we hope to make the College of Nursing affordable for all students who wish to pursue a career in nursing.
Scholarships Application for New and Continuing Nursing Students
The deadline to apply for 2022-2023 scholarships is March 15, 2022.
The University of South Carolina's College of Nursing offers a variety of donor/ departmental scholarships and fellowships. Applications for new and continuing students will be evaluated in the summer semester for award in the subsequent academic year (fall, spring and/or summer).
Read below to learn more about general qualifications for application eligibility.
- Applicants must be admitted to the College of Nursing or currently enrolled in the college.
- Applicants must meet academic requirement(s) as follows:
- freshmen: GPA of 3.0 and minimum SAT total score of 1000 or ACT composite score of 24
- continuing undergraduate students: Institutional and overall GPA of 3.0 and no below ‘C’ grade in a required nursing or science course
- transfer undergraduate students: GPA of 3.0 on coursework at previous institution(s) and no below ‘C’ grade in a required nursing or science course
- new graduate students: Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 at previous institution(s)
- continuing graduate students: Graduate GPA of 3.0 and no below ‘B’ grades
- transfer graduate students: Undergraduate and Graduate GPA of 3.0 at previous institution(s) and no below ‘B’ graduate grades.
You only need to submit one application and will be considered for all awards for which you meet the criteria. Scholarship awards are not automatically renewable. You must re-apply each year for College of Nursing departmental scholarships. Scholarships are competitive and limited. The number and amounts of scholarships awarded vary and are subject to funds available.
Go to the appropriate link below and “Sign In” to find the application and instructions.
If you have any questions about the application process, contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 803-777-3780.