- Buechel, Eva C. and Claudia Townsend. "(Mis)predicting Liking of product aesthetics: How stimulus
intensity influences sensory liking in prospect and experience." Forthcoming, Journal
of Consumer Research.
- Buechel, Eva C. and Jonah Berger. "Microblogging and the value of undirected communication." Forthcoming,
Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Crockett, David and Michelle F. Weinberger (in press), “Critical Reflections on Consumer Identity,”
Chapter 3 in Eric J. Arnould and Craig J. Thompson, ed., Consumer Culture Theory,
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Crockett, David (forthcoming), “Managing Racial Stigma in Consumer Culture,” in Janice Denegri-Knott,
ed., The Routledge Companion to Critical Marketing, London: Routledge.
- Dutta, S., Guha, A., Biswas, A., & Grewal, D. Can attempts to delight consumers with surprise gains boomerang?
A test using low-price guarantees. Journal of Academy of Marketing Science. Forthcoming.
- Guha, A., Biswas, A., Grewal, D., Bhowmick, S. & Nordfält, J. An empirical analysis of the
joint effects of shoppers’ goals and attribute display on shoppers’ evaluations. Journal
- Guha, A., Biswas, A., Verma, S., Banerjee, S. Grewal, D., & Nordfält, J. Reframing the discount
with a comparison to the sale price: Does it make the discount more attractive? Journal
of Marketing Research.
- Janakiraman, Ramkumar, Joon Ho Lim and Rishika Rishika., “The Effect of Data Breach Announcement on Customer Behavior: Evidence from a Multichannel
Retailer,” (forthcoming), Journal of Marketing. Co-authored with doctoral student.
- Montgomery, Nicole Votolato and Priyali Rajagopal. “Motivated reconstruction: the effect of brand Commitment on False memories,” forthcoming
at Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied.
- Park, Eunho, Rishika Rishika, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Mark Houston, and Byungjoon Yoo. “Social Dollars in Online Communities: The Effect
of Product, User and Network Characteristics,” (2018), Journal of Marketing, 82 (1),
93-114.Co-authored with doctoral student.
- Siddiqui, Rafay, Ashwani Monga and Eva C. Buechel. "Can wait one week, not seven days: Larger time units boost patience for hedonic
rewards." Forthcoming, Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Venkatesh, Alladi, David Crockett, Samantha Cross, and Steven Chen (2017), Ethnography for Marketing and Consumer Research
(Foundations and Trends in Marketing Monograph Series), Hanover, MA: Now Publishers,
- Zhen, Wen, Senarath Dharmasena, Oral Capps, Jr. and Ramkumar Janakiraman. “Consumer Demand for and Effects of Tax on Sparkling and Non-Sparkling Bottled Water in the United States,” (forthcoming), Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies.
- Yli-Renko, H., Denoo, L., & Janakiraman, R. (2020, September 11). A knowledge-based view of managing dependence on a key customer: Survival and growth outcomes for young firms. Retrieved February 10, 2021, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0883902620306534https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusvent.2020.106045.
- Becerril Arreola, Rafael, Chen Zhou, Raji Srinivasan and Daniel Seldin. (2017) “Service Satisfaction-Market Share Relationships
in Partnered Hybrid Offerings,” Journal of Marketing, 81 (5), 86-103.
- Boulding, W., Guha, A., & Staelin, R. (2017) "Do we really need to change the decision maker? Counter-intuitive
escalation of commitment results in real options contexts." Management Science 63
- Buechel, Eva. C., Jiao Zhang, and Carey K. Morewedge (2017). Outcome specifications determine the direction
of affective forecasting errors. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 146(5), 746-461.
- Crockett, David and Nicholas Pendarvis (2017), “A Research Agenda on Political Ideology in Consumer
Research: A Commentary on Jung et al.’s ‘Blue and Red Voices’,” Journal of Consumer
- Crockett, David (2017), “Paths to Respectability: Consumption and Stigma Management in the Contemporary
Black Middle Class,” Journal of Consumer Research.
- Eilert, Meike, Satish Jayachandran, Kartik Kalaignanam, and Tracey A. Swartz. "Does it pay to recall your product early? An empirical investigation in the automobile
industry." Journal of Marketing 81, no. 3 (2017): 111-129.
- Gill, Manpreet, Shrihari Sridhar, and Rajdeep Grewal (2017), “Return on Engagement Initiatives: A Study of a Business-to-Business
Mobile App,” Journal of Marketing, July 2017, Vol. 81, No. 4, pp. 45-66.
- Laran, Juliano and Eva C. Buechel (2017). Mental resources increase preference for dissimilar experiences.Forthcoming, Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, 2(April), 123-135.
- Li, Hengyun, Ziqiong Zhang, Fang Meng and Ramkumar Janakiraman. “Is peer evaluation of consumer online reviews socially embedded? — An examination
combining reviewer’s social network and social identity,” International Journal of
Hospitality Management, 67(2017), 143-153.
- Li, Xiaofei, Baolong Ma and Chen Zhou. (2017) “Effects of Customer Loyalty on Customer Entitlement and Voice Complaints,”
Service Industries Journal, 37 (13-14), 858-874.
- Mukherji, Prokriti, Ramkumar Janakiraman, Shantanu Dutta and Surendra Rajiv. (2017) “How Direct-to-Consumer Advertising for Prescription Drugs Affects Consumers' Welfare: A Natural Experiment Tests the Impact of FDA Legislation,” Journal of Advertising Research, 57(1), 94-108.
- Bagchi, Rajesh and Elise Ince. (2016) “Is a 70% Prediction More Accurate than a 30% Prediction? Inferences about
Forecasts and Forecasters from Intuitive Probability Interpretations,” Journal of Marketing Research, 53 (1), 31-45.
- Boulding, William, Abhijit Guha and Richard Staelin. (2016) “Do We Really Need to Change the Decision Maker? Counterintuitive Escalation
of Commitment Results in Real Options Contexts," Management Science.
- Das, Neel, Abhijit Guha, Abhijit Biswas and Balaji Krishnan. (2016) "How product–cause fit and donation quantifier
interact in cause-related marketing (CRM) settings: evidence of the cue congruency
effect," Marketing Letters, 27, 295-308.
- Edwardson, Nicholas, Bita Kash and Ramkumar Janakiraman. (2016) “Measuring the Impact of Electronic Health Record Adoption on Charge Capture,”
Medical Care Research and Review, July.
- Hudson, Simon, Li Huang, Martin S. Roth and Thomas J. Madden. (2016) "The influence of social media interactions on consumer–brand
relationships: A three-country study of brand perceptions and marketing behaviors," International Journal of Research in Marketing, 33, no. 1, 27-41.
- Kumar, Ashish, Ram Bezawada, Rishika Rishika, Ramkumar Janakiraman and P. K. Kannan. (2016) "From social to sale: The effects of firm-generated content
in social media on customer behavior," Journal of Marketing (80), 7-25.
- Labroo, Aparna and Anastasiya Pocheptsova. (2016) "Metacognition and Consumer Judgment: Fluency is Pleasant but Disfluency Ignites
Interest," Current Opinion in Psychology, Volume 10 (August).
- Labroo, Aparna A. and Anastasiya Pocheptsova. (2016) "Metacognition and consumer judgment: fluency is pleasant but disfluency ignites
interest," Current Opinion in Psychology, 10, 154-159.
- Murdock, Mitchel and Priyali Rajagopal. (2016) “Blowing Smoke: How Appeal Type Influences Subjective Norms and Intentions
to Consume Electronic Cigarettes,” The Psychology of Social Influence: Theory, Techniques,
and Research, Daniel Howard (Ed).
- Park, Joonwook, Priyali Rajagopal, William Dillon, Wayne DeSarbo and Seoil Chaiy. (2016) “A New Bayesian Spatial Model
for Brand Positioning,” Journal of Modeling in Management.
- Summers, Christopher A., Robert W. Smith and Rebecca Walker Reczek. (2016) "An Audience of One: Behaviorally
Targeted Ads as Implied Social Labels," Journal of Consumer Research.
- Verma, Swati, Abhijit Guha and Abhijit Biswas. (2016) "Investigating the Pleasures of Sin: The Contingent Role of Arousal‐Seeking Disposition in Consumers' Evaluations of Vice and Virtue Product Offerings," Psychology & Marketing 33, no. 8 620-628.
- Bagchi, Rajesh and Elise Chandon Ince. "Is a 70% Prediction More Accurate than a 30% Prediction? Inferences about Forecasts
and Forecasters from Intuitive Probability Interpretations," Journal of Marketing Research.
- Pocheptsova, Anastasiya, Petersen, Francine and Jordan Etkin. (2015) "Two Birds, One Stone? Positive Mood Makes Products Seem Less Useful for Multiple-Goal Pursuit," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 25(2), 296-303.
- Buechel, Eva C. and Chris Janiszewski.* (2014) "A lot of Work or a Work of Art: How the Structure
of a Customized Assembly Task Determines the Utility Derived from Assembly Effort," Journal of Consumer Research, 40(5), 960-972.
- Buechel, Eva C., Jiao Zhang, Carey K. Morewedge and Joachim Vosgerau. (2014) "More Intense Experiences,
Less Intense Forecasts: Why Affective Forecasters Overestimate the Influence of Outcome
Probability," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 106(1), 20-36.
- Kim, Hyeong-Min, Katina Kulow and Thomas Kramer. (2014) "The Interactive Effect of Beliefs in Malleable Fate and Fateful Predictions
on Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, 40(6), 1139-1148.
- Kramer, Thomas and Lauren Block. (2014) "Like Mike: Ability Contagion through Touched Objects Increases
Confidence and Improves Performance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 124(2), 215-228.
- May, Frank and Ashwani Monga. (2014) "When Time Has a Will of Its Own, the Powerless Don't Have the Will to Wait:
Anthropomorphism of Time Can Decrease Patience," Journal of Consumer Research, 40, 5 (February).
- Siddiqui, Rafay A., Frank May and Ashwani Monga. (2014) "Reversals of Task Duration Estimates: Thinking How Rather than Why Shrinks Duration Estimates for Simple Tasks, but Elongates Estimates for Complex Tasks," Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 50, 1 (January), 184-189.
- Bublitz, Melissa G., Laura A. Peracchio, Alan R. Andreasen, Jeremy Kees, Blair Kidwell,
Elizabeth Gelfand Miller, Carol M. Motley, Paula C. Peter, Priyali Rajagopal, Maura L. Scott and Beth Vallen. (2013) "Promoting Positive Change: Advancing the Food Well-Being Paradigm," Journal of Business Research, 66 (8), 1211-18.
- Chatterjee, Promothesh, Caglar Irmak and Randall L. Rose. (2013) "The Endowment Effect as Self-Enhancement in Response to Threat," Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (October), 460-476.
- Chatterjee, Promothesh, Randall L. Rose and Jayati Sinha. (2013) "Why Money Meanings Matter in Decisions to Donate Time and
Money," Marketing Letters, 24 (June), 109-118.
- Ghosh, B. and Galbreth, M. (2013) "Consumer Inattentiveness, Search REFEREED and Voluntary Quality Disclosure:
A Competitive Analysis," Management Science, 59(11), 2602-2621.
- Ghosh, B., Galbreth, M. and Shang, G. (2013) "The Competitive Impact of Targeted Television Advertisements
Using DVR Technology," Decision Sciences, 44(5).
- Jayachandran, Satish, Kartik Kalaignanam and Meike Eilert. (2013) "Product and Environmental Social Performance: Varying Effect
on Firm Performance," Strategic Management Journal, 34 (10).
- Jayachandran, Satish, Peter Kaufman, V. Kumar and Kelly Hewitt. (2013) "Brand Licensing: What Drives Royalty
Rates?" Journal of Marketing, 77(5), 108-122.
- Kalaignanam, Kartik and Cem Bahadir. (2013) "Corporate Brand Name Changes and Business Restructuring:
Is the Relationship Complementary or Substitutive," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. (available at www.springerlink.com/index/Y731H83717468108.pdf).
- Kalaignanam, K., Kushwaha, T. Steenkamp, J.B. and Tuli, K. (2013) "The Effect of CRM Outsourcing on Shareholder
Value: A Contingency Perspective," Management Science, 59 (March), 748-769.
- Kalaignanam, Kartik, Tarun Kushwaha and Meike Eilert. (2013) "The Impact of Product Recalls on Future Product Reliability and Future Accidents: Evidence from the Automobile Industry," Journal of Marketing, 77 (March).
- Phipps, Marcus, Luci Ozanne, S. Subrahmanyan, Sommer Kapitan, Michael Luchs, Jesse
Catlin, Roland Gau, Rebecca Naylor, Randall L. Rose, Bonnie Simpson and Todd Weaver. (2013) "Understanding the Inherent Complexity of
Sustainable Consumption: A Social Cognitive Framework," Journal of Business Research, 66(8), 1227-1234.
- R. Becerril Arreola, M. Leng and M. Parlar. "Online Retailers' Promotional Pricing, Free-Shipping Threshold,
and Inventory Decisions: A Simulation-Based Analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, 230(2): 272-283, 2013.
- Russell, Cristel A., Hope J. Schau and David Crockett. (2013) "Cultural Diversity in Television Narratives: Homophilization, Appropriation,
and Implications for Media Advocacy," Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 32(1) (Spring).
- Simonson, Itamar, James R. Bettman, Thomas Kramer and John W. Payne. (2013) "Directions for Judgment and Decision Making Research Based
on Comparison Selection: Reply to Arkes, Johnson, and Kardes," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 23(1), 161-163.
- Simonson, Itamar, James R. Bettman, Thomas Kramer and John W. Payne. (2013) "Comparison Attraction: A Preview of Another Approach for
the Study of Consumer Judgment and Choice," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 23(1), 137-149.
- Smarandescu, Laura, Randall L. Rose and Douglas Wedell. (2013) "Priming a Cross-Category Brand Alliance: The Moderating Role of Attribute Knowledge and Need for Cognition," Psychology & Marketing, 30 (February), 133-147.
- Durvasula, Srinivas, Subhash Sharma and Kealy Carter. (2012) "Correcting the t Statistic for Measurement Error, Marketing Letters, 23: 671-682.
- Haws, Kelly L., William O. Bearden and Gergana Y. Nenkov. (2012) "Consumer Spending Self-Control Effectiveness and Outcome
Elaboration Prompts," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 40 (5), 695-710.
- Haws, Kelly L., William O. Bearden and Utpal M. Dholakia. (2012) "Situational and Trait Interactions among Goal Orientations,"
Marketing Letters, 23 (1), 47-60.
- Monga, Alokparna and Zeynep Gurhan-Canli. (2012) "The Influence of Mating Mindsets on Brand Extension
Evaluation," Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (August), 581-93.
- Monga, Ashwani and Rajesh Bagchi. (2012) "Years, Months, and Days versus 1, 12, and 365: The Influence
of Units versus Numbers," Journal of Consumer Research, 39, 1 (June), 185-198.
- Monga, Ashwani, Haipeng Chen, Michael Tsiros and Mona Sinha. (2012) "How Buyers Forecast: Buyer-Seller
Relationship as a Boundary Condition of the Impact Bias," Marketing Letters, 23, 1 (March), 31-45.
- Robinson, Stefanie Rosen, Caglar Irmak and Satish Jayachandran. (2012) "Choice of Cause in Cause Related Marketing," Journal of Marketing, 76 (July), 126-139.
- Sharma, Subhash, Srinivas Durvasula and Robert Ployhart. (2012) "The Analysis of Mean Differences Using Mean and Covariance Structure Analysis:
Effect Size Estimation and Error Rates," Organizational Research Methods, 15, 75-102.
- Torelli, Carlos, Alokparna Monga and Andrew Kaikati. (2012) "Doing Poorly by Doing Good: Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Concepts," Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (February), 948-963.
- Irmak, Caglar, Rebecca W. Naylor and William O. Bearden. (2011) "The Out-Of-Region Bias: Distance Estimations Based-on Geographic Categorization,"
Marketing Letters, 22, 2, 181-196.
- Irmak, Caglar, Beth Vallen and Stefanie Rosen Robinson. (2011) "The Impact of Product Name on Dieters' and Nondieters' Food Evaluations and
Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (August).
- Kirca, Ahmet, William O. Bearden and Kendall Roth. (2011) "Implementation of Market Orientation in the Subsidiaries of Global Companies:
The Role of Institutional Factors," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 39: 683-699.
- Kramer, Thomas and Lauren Block. (2011) "Nonconscious Effects of Peculiar Beliefs on Consumer Psychology
and Choice," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 21(1), 101-111.
- Wilcox, Keith, Thomas Kramer and Sankar Sen. (2011) "Indulgence or Self-Control: A Dual Process Model of the Effect of Incidental Pride on Indulgent Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, 38(1), 151-163.
If you would like to access research prior to the last 10 years, please contact the department administrative assistant.