Page Prize for Sustainability Issues in Business Curricula
The Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina is honored to announce the 15th annual Dr. Alfred N. and Lynn Manos Page Prize for Sustainability Issues in Business Curricula.
The Page Prize has two objectives:
- Encourage the development of relevant and rigorous sustainability curricula for business students
- Recognize and provide a database of exemplary sustainability program and course designs
to support the integration of sustainability in business education
To achieve these objectives, the school adds the new winning syllabus submissions to the publicly available Moore School database of high-quality teaching materials. We highly encourage educators interested in incorporating sustainability to their classrooms to review these great syllabuses.
Who May Submit
Faculty, doctoral students and others are invited to submit non-published materials related to innovative curricula (program design and core components), courses (including full syllabuses) or substantial course components (case materials, simulations and course segments) appropriate for rigorous and relevant teaching about sustainability and business.
Full consideration will be given for submissions concerning a range of sustainability dimensions relevant to the business world. We welcome submissions from diverse topic areas, including those related to the natural environment, social responsibility and economic impacts. A faculty committee from the University of South Carolina will evaluate the submissions and select award winners.
Submissions must be original and made with the full consent of all authors for free public access to the submitted materials for use in business education anywhere in the world.
Complete submissions must include the following:
- Relevant curriculum, course or course material
- A cover letter that provides an overview of the submitted materials (The cover letter should include a discussion of why the submission is innovative in the field of environmental sustainability and how it will help others develop their own sustainability courses/programs.)
- CV for (all) author(s) of submission
- Completed Page Prize release form
The grand prize is $1,000, plus a framed print of Aegean Sea #6 certifying the award. Honorable mention prizes will also be awarded at levels of $250 each. Each finalist will receive a print of Aegean Sea #6. The winners will be chosen by a three-member faculty committee from the University of South Carolina. The database of top submissions is available for adoption by business faculty around the world to use in their home institutions.
Deadline for Submissions
The call for submissions is now open. Submissions are due by January 31, 2023. All submissions must be made electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning submissions are announced each summer.