Darla Moore School of Business
Manpreet’s research focuses on studying strategic marketing decisions using observational or quasi experimental data and econometric models, where he strives to establish causality. He has published in the Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Marketing. Manpreet is interested in assessing and improving returns on firms’ strategic marketing actions using econometrics and potential outcomes framework.
- Zhou, Chen, Manpreet Gill, Qiang Liu (2022), “Empowering Education with Crowdfunding: The Role of Crowdfunded Resources and Crowd Screening,” Journal of Marketing Research, 59 (1), 97–117.
- Pagiavlas, Sotires, Kartik Kalaignanam, Manpreet Gill, and Paul Bliese (2021), “Regulating Product Recall Compliance in the Digital Age: Evidence from the “Safe Cars Save Lives” Campaign,” Journal of Marketing, Oct2021, DOI: 10.1177/00222429211023016.
- Gill, Manpreet, Shrihari Sridhar, and Rajdeep Grewal, (2017) Return on Engagement Initiatives: A Study of a Business-to-Business Mobile App. Journal of Marketing, 81 (4), 45-66.
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow (University of Texas, Austin, December 4 – 5), 2020
- Marketing Strategy Consortium Fellow (University of Missouri, March 22 - 23), 2018
- Finalist for 2018 MSI H. Paul Root Award
- Two Thumbs Up Award for improving classroom experience of students with disabilities, University of South Carolina, 2017 (University award)
- Honorable Mention, John A. Howard Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2018
- David T. and M. Joan Wilson Business Markets Dissertation Award, 2016
- AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2016
- ISBM PhD Camp, 2016
- Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM) scholarship: 2012 – 2015
He teaches principles of marketing research at the undergraduate level.
- PhD Business Administration (Marketing), Pennsylvania State University, 2017