To further impact the health of the children in our community, we provide safety and health programs for families, partner with schools to enhance health education, provide rural satellite subspecialty clinics, and participate in advocacy efforts at local and state levels.
Prisma Health Children's Hospital Partnership
We partner with Prisma Health Children's Hospital - Midlands to serve as a major pediatric referral center offering a full array of over 30 pediatric divisions including subspecialties.
Some of our programs:
- Comprehensive Sickle Cell and Cancer Center
- Federally Qualified Hemophilia Center
- Nationally accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Level II ACS Trauma Center and the state's only pediatric robotics program
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Center (PCD)
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Diabetes and Metabolic Center
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU)
- Pediatric Palliative Care Program
- Solutions for Patient Safety initiatives
- Pediatric Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Special Needs Care Center
- Tourette Center of Excellence
- South Carolina Child Advocacy Medical Response System (SCCAMRS)
- Pediatric HIV program
- Neurodevelopmental and Autism Center
- State's only Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic
Our department has more than 100 faculty members who provide general pediatric and subspecialty care. Over the past few years some of our faculty have been the recipients of over 35 School of Medicine, State, SCAAP and National Awards for teaching, service and advocacy.
The Pediatric Student Clinical Clerkship has been rated consistently higher than the national average based on national survey data. Our clerkship has been rated the top clinical rotation by medical students for the majority of the last 30 years. We provide training and education to multiple other disciplines, including the Physician Assistant Program.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine/Prisma Health Pediatric Residency program is a fully ACGME accredited three-year program with 13 residents at each level. Our commitment to education is exemplified by our pass rates on the American Board of Pediatrics certifying examination, where we are consistently ranked in the top ten percent. We have innovative educational programs such as private practice continuity program, ultrasound education and community/advocacy curriculums.
For further information regarding our residency program please email Ashley Lynn at email@example.com.