South Carolina has one of the highest HIV rates in the United States. PrEP is a highly
effective biomedical method of preventing an uninfected person from acquiring HIV.
Our goal is to increase the use of PrEP to prevent HIV infection.
- Education and training
- Initiation of PrEP in your clinic
- Consultative support
- Telehealth case consultation.
To arrange for provider education, please call 803-434-6430 ext. 21686.
The SC HIV Clinical Training Center partners with the Southeast AIDS Education and Training Center Program to offer trainings throughout the year. Many are provided via webcast that are archived for review and registration is required.
View the full SE AETC calendar.
Presentations are archived for future reference.
- PrEP In Heterosexual Couples [PDF]
- Overcoming the Barriers to PrEP [PDF]
- Implementing PrEP: STIs [PDF]
- A New Clinical PrEP Program [PDF]
- PrEP: Overcoming the Barriers in Adolescents [PDF]
- Evolving Treatment Adherence Paradigm PrEP and Social Media [PDF]
- PrEP in Special Populations: Transgender Individuals [PDF]
- Pharmacist for HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis [PDF]
- PrEP Introduced into Practice [PDF]