The SC Center for Rural and Primary Healthcare has a new website home!
Go to SCRuralHealth.org to learn more about our work, apply for funding, and more.
Our Role in Building a Healthier State
Through creating and supporting programs, collaborating with partners throughout the state and adopting regional and national models, we focus on achieving six core objectives:
- Enhancing clinical care, practice support and professional development for rural and underserved health care providers and promoting professional retention and well-being
- Improving the diversity and distribution of South Carolina’s rural health workforce
- Facilitating research necessary to inform strategy, investment and health policy related to rural and primary care in South Carolina
- Increasing access to specialized services for rural and underserved primary health providers
- Promoting collaboration among state entities involved in rural health issues
- Increasing and enhancing rural health professions and interprofessional education opportunities in South Carolina.
The center supports and develops sustainable rural and primary care education and health care delivery in South Carolina through clinical practice, training and research. We strive for a future where all South Carolinians have access to high value, quality health care.
You can learn more about our programs, including our funding opportunities on our website.