Faculty and Staff
James Wells, M.D., F.A.C.S.
|Title:|| Research Professor of Cell Biology & Anatomy
|Department:||Cell Biology & Anatomy
School of Medicine Columbia
Cell Biology & Anatomy
|Resources:||Curriculum Vitae [pdf]|
1972 University of Florida - Bachelors of Science - Chemistry
1976 University of Florida - M.D. - Medicine
1976-1981 Madigan Army Medical Center Residency in Otolaryngology and Head/Neck Surgery
1981 Board Certified
1983-1984 Swedish Hospital Medical Center Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Wells is interested in ploymer plastination in medical anatomy teaching.
- Graves CA, Jones A, Reynolds J, Stuart J, Pirisi L, Botrous P, Wells J. Neuroendocrine Merkel Cell Carcinoma is Associated with Mutations in key DNA Repair, Epigenetic, and Apopstosis Pathways: A case-based Study using Targeted Massively Parallel Sequencing. Neuroendocrinology 101 (2): 112-119, 2015.
- Graves CA, Abboodi F, Tomar S, Wells J, Pirisi L. The translational significance of Epithelial-mesenchymal transition in head and neck cancer. Clinical and Translational Medicine 3 (1) 60, 2014.
- Hoppmann RA, Rao VV, Poston MB, Howe DB, Hunt PS, Fowler SD, Paulman LE, Wells JR, Richeson NA, Catalana PV, Thomas LK, Britt Wilson L, Cook T, Riffle S, Neuffer FH, McCallum JB, Keisler BD, Brown RS, Gregg AR, Sims KM, Powell CK, Garber MD, Morrison JE, Owens WB, Carnevale KA, Jennings WR, Fletcher S. An integrated ultrasound curriculum (iUSC) for medical students: 4-year experience. Crit Ultrasound J. 3:1-12, 2011
- Hoppmann R, Cook T, Hunt P, Fowler S, Paulman L, Wells J, Richeson N, Thomas L, Wilson B, Neuffer F, McCallum J, Smith S. Ultrasound in medical education: a vertical curriculum at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. J S C Med Assoc. 102:330-334, 2006.
- Goodwin RL, Nesbitt T, Price RL, Wells JC, Yost MJ, Potts JD. Three-dimensional model system of valvulogenesis. Dev Dyn. 233:122-129, 2005.