The historic McCutchen House is open to the public for lunch during the University of South Carolina regular fall and spring semesters, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
Face coverings are required when entering and exiting the McCutchen House.
*Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2 p.m.
Lunches are $12.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by IIT or direct billing, credit, debit, check or Carolina Cash. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Reservations recommended: 803-777-4450
Fall Lunch Menus
Sept. 1 – Oct. 12
- Our famous tomato pie
- Choice of soup or salad
- McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced purple onion, shredded smoked Gouda and toasted slivered almonds. Choice of house-made ranch, blue cheese, balsamic and house dressings.
- Soup: Prepared daily. Ask your server for today's selection.
- The Philly: Shaved ribeye with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, topped with melted provolone cheese and nestled into a toasted hoagie roll. Served with seasoned fries.
- Sesame Chicken Lunch Bowl: Sauteed chicken breast in a sweet and savory sauce with broccoli, snap peas, red bell pepper. Served over jasmine rice.
- Vegetarian Lasagna: Layers of pasta, veggies and cheese, topped with marinara on one half, alfredo on the other. Served with garlic bread.
- Blackened Redfish: Flaky redfish fillet is blackened and topped with a dollop of basil-lime butter. Served with dirty rice and vegetable of the day.
- Roast Pork Tenderloin: Seasoned, roasted whole, and sliced to order. Topped with house-made apple gastrique and served with fingerling potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- McCutchen House signature chocolate walnut pie
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey® premium coffee
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite® and fresh lemonade
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit our HRSM giving page.