Faculty and Staff
Donna Watts, M.S.
M.S., B.S., A.A., Certified Diamontologist
|Department:||Department of Retailing
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
M.S., Textiles, Clothing, and Interior Design, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, S.C.
B.S., Fashion Merchandising, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, S.C.
A.A., Fashion Merchandising, Anderson University, Anderson, S.C.
Certified Diamontologist, Diamond Council of America, Nashville, Tenn.
Donna Watts is an instructor in the Department of Retailing at the University of South Carolina. She received a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Master of Science in Textiles, Clothing, and Interior Design from Winthrop University in S.C. Prior to teaching, Watts worked in the retail industry for eight years in various capacities, including management of two jewelry stores for a large corporation. Watts also has a variety of business experience outside of retail, including co-ownership and management of construction companies in both Nashville, Tenn., and Houston, Texas. Additionally, she has years of experience in both advertising and marketing.
Watts is one of the first instructors in the world officially trained to teach Wix website development in the classroom. Students will be using this technology in Watts’ class, The Changing Consumer Marketplace. Watts teaches that today’s marketplace must be both physically and socially inclusive. Students completing this course understand how to implement ADA requirements into both e-commerce websites and brick-and-mortar stores.
Watts is an active church member and has served as a volunteer in several charity organizations, including Harvest Hope food bank. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening and SCUBA diving.
- RETL 265 – Principles of Retailing
- RETL 250 – Sustainability in Fashion and Retail (online)
- RETL 237 – The Changing Consumer Marketplace
- RETL 116 – Fashion Through the Ages: 1800 A.D. to Present (online)
- RETL 242 – HRSM Professional Communications (traditional and online)
- RETL 365 – Visual Merchandising (traditional and online)
- RETL 462 – Merchandising Management Strategies
- RETL 388 – Fashion Forecasting
- TEC 242 – Business Communications (traditional and online)
- UNIV 101 – The Student in the University
- Member, Women’s Leadership Institute Committee, Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Issues (2017-2020)
- Member, HRSM Teacher-of-the-Year Committee (2017-2020)
- Member, Department of Retailing Growth Committee (2019)
- Member, HRSM Student Academic Responsibilities Committee (2017-2019)
- Volunteer, UofSC Move-In Crew (2017)
- Member, HRSM Social Activities Committee (2013-2016)
- Reviewer/judge of four graduate thesis presentations, Discover UofSC (2017)
- Networker/Evaluator, HRSM Alumni Society Career Night (2016-2019)
- Student advisor, Mutual Expectations Workshop, Student Success Center (2017)
- HRSM College Participant, American Heart Association’s Midland’s Heart Walk (2017)
- Fundraising Coordinator, organized six fundraising fashion shows raising over $6K for various local charities including Make-A-Wish South Carolina (2010 – 2012)
- Interviewee, WACH Fox News TV (Columbia), UofSC Student Fashion Show
- Interviewee, WLTX-TV (Columbia), Student Show for Charity