- Colleges and Schools
- College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
- Faculty and Staff
- Kevin M. Ayres, M.H.T.M., C.C.M.
Faculty and Staff
Kevin M. Ayres, M.H.R.T.M., C.C.M.
|Department:||School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management
M.S., Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management, University of South Carolina,
B. S., Hotel Management, University of Nevada, Las Vegas 1987
After graduating from UNLV, Kevin Ayres started his career with Marriott in the foodservice division and ran airport operations in Las Vegas and Cleveland before coming to the education division at the University of South Carolina. At South Carolina, Ayres spent six years overseeing the operation of Williams-Brice stadium as well as the Carolina Coliseum. During the summer months he was responsible for the concession and catering operation at Capital City Stadium for the Capital City Bombers. Ayres was a member of the conversion team at Augusta National Golf Club for The Masters helping with the transition from an outside vendor to an in-house concession operation.
Ayres owns and serves as president for State Street Snacks. State Street Snacks is a manufacturer of gourmet popcorns sold at Cracker Barrel and Rite-Aid stores and many local retailers throughout the country.
Areas of expertise
- Small business startups
- Concession event management
- Food Safety and Sanitation (Serve-Safe Instructor)
- Airport operations
Honors and awards
- HRTM Teacher of the Year 2010-2011
- HRSM Harry E. and Carmen S. Varney Distinguished Teacher of the Year 2012-2013
- HRTM 421–Hospitality Financial Methods
- HRTM 490–Hospitality Strategy Management
- HRTM 376–On-Site Food Service Management
- HRTM 260–Hotel Management Physical Plant Design
Student group leadership
- Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) 2012-Present
- National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (NSMH) 2009-2012
- National Association of Collegiate Concessionaires (NACC)
- Former National Board Member NACC
- National Association of Concessionaires (NAC)