$250 given to up to two graduate students with exceptional dissertations.
Nomination for the CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award
Winners of our competition will be nominated for the CGS/ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award.
Nominees should have:
- Completed dissertations that make a significant contribution to their discipline.
- Been awarded a doctoral degree or completed doctoral degree requirements between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2022.
As part of the nomination packet, Graduate Directors will be required to submit:
1. Abstract of the Nominee's Dissertation
Not to exceed five double-spaced pages. All pages should be numbered, and each should bear the name of the nominee. (Appendices containing nontextual material, such as charts or tables, may be included as additional pages.)
2. Three Letters of Recommendation
Should evaluate the significance and quality of the nominee's dissertation work.
- One letter from the nominee’s dissertation supervisor
- One letter from a member of the nominee’s dissertation committee
- One letter from a person of the nominee’s choice
3. Nominee's CV
Not to exceed five pages.
Max Number of Nominees
Programs may only nominate one candidate.
Nominations are due by June 3, 2022.