Skip to Content

Graduate School

Health Requirements

You'll need to provide proof of immunizations and will be required to have health insurance, either through the university or another approved provider.


Submit Proof of Immunity 

You will submit your immunizations information on MyHealthSpace under "Medical Clearances."


Fall Semester: July 15
Spring Semester: December 1

Who is required to submit immunization records?

All students attending classes on campus must provide proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella if you were born after December 31, 1956. 

What happens if I don't submit immunization records?

You will not be able to register for classes until you have submitted your immunization records. 


Online Students Immunization Exemption

Submit Distance Learner Exemption Form 

You will submit your exemption form on MyHealthSpace under "Downloadable Forms." 

What happens if I don't submit an exemption form?

You will not be able to register for classes until you have submitted your exemption form.


Required Health Insurance

Who is required to have health insurance?

  • Graduate students enrolled in 6+ credit hours
  • Graduate assistants
  • International students

University Student Health Insurance Plan

Students who don't have health insurance can purchase health insurance through the university.

Students Who Already Have Health Insurance

Students with health insurance need to waive out of the university health insurance plan if they do not want to be billed for it. 

Waiving Out

You will need to submit proof of your health insurance during the waiver period each term or you will be billed for the university health insurance plan. 

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.