- Major: Genetic Counseling
- Degree: Master of Science
- School/College: Medicine
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
Required Application Documents
- Official Transcripts from all schools attended for course credit
- Official GRE Scores (not required for applications through Fall 2023)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement reflecting your interest and experience in the field (instructions are provided on the application)
A Note from the Program
The master’s program in genetic counseling prepares genetic counselors to work with individuals and families affected by genetic conditions. Genetic counselors also teach, perform research, and have roles in laboratory and other industries in this growing profession. The curriculum includes course work, fieldwork and a research-based thesis. The genetic counseling master’s program is one of the most established in the country and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Genetic Counseling.