Faculty and Staff
Herbert L. Ginn
College of Engineering and Computing
- Power electronics applications in energy systems
- Power phenomena and compensation in non-sinusoidal systems
- Power quality
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, May 2002
- Minor: Computer Science, Peripheral Area: Controls
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, May 1998.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, May 1996.
- Sudip K. Mazumder, Frede Blaabjerg, Herbert L Ginn III, et.al. “A Review of Current Research Trends in Power-Electronic Innovations in Cyber-Physical Systems," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Early Access, 2021.
- Michele Difronzo, Md Multan Biswas, Matthew Milton, Herbert Ginn, Andrea Benigni, "System Level Real-Time Simulation and Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of MMC", Energies Vol. 14 (11), June 2021.
- “Agent-Based Coordinated Control of Power Electronic Converters in a Microgrid”, M. Nasri, H. L. Ginn, M. Moallem, Electronics, Vol. 10 (9), January 2021.
- Amin Ghaderi, Herbert L. Ginn III, “Tri-window Compensator for Loads with Non-periodic Current” Elsevier Electric Power Systems Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2020.Dear 106925, November 2020.
- Matthew Milton, Castulo De La O, Herbert L. Ginn, Andrea Benigni, “Embeddable Stochastic Real-Time Digital Twins of Power Electronic Converters”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 35 No. 9, Sept. 2020.
- Reza Dehnavi, Herbert L. Ginn III, “Distributed Load Sharing Among Converters in an Autonomous Microgrid Including PV and Wind Power Units”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Volume: 10, Issue: 4, July 2019.
- M.R. Hossain and H.L. Ginn III, “Real-Time Distriubed Coordination of Power Electronic Converters in a DC Shipboard Distribution System,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 32, No. 2, June 2017, pp. 770-778.
- Ginn, H.L., Hingorani, N., Sullivan, J.R., Wachal, R., “Control Architecture for High Power Electronics Converters”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 103, No. 12, Dec. 2015, pp. 2312-2319.
- A. Ghaderi, H. A. Mohammadpoiur, H. Ginn, Y. J. Shin, “High-Impedance Fault Detection in the Distribution Network Using the Time-Frequency-Based Algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 30, No. 3, June 2015, pp. 1260-1268.
- Herbert Ginn, Robert Cuzner, “The Shipboard Integrated Power System,” IEEE Electrification Magazine, Vol. 3, No. 2, June 2015, pp. 2-3.
- Herbert L. Ginn, Guangda Chen, “Digital Control Method for Grid-Connected Converters Supplied with Non-Ideal Voltage,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 10, No. 1, February 2014, pp. 127-136.
University of South Carolina
- ELCT530 - Industrial Controls
- ELCT531 - Digital Controls
Mississippi State University
- Introduction to Power Electronics (Grad./Undergrad.)
- Power System Relaying and Control (Grad./Undergrad.)
- Power Quality (Grad.)
- Power Electronics Applications in Power Systems (Grad.)
- Advanced Power Electronics (Grad)
- Compensation in Power Systems (Grad.)
- Shipboard Power Systems (Grad. course team taught with 3 other faculty)
Louisiana State University
- Introduction to Power Systems (Undergrad.)