Following an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) model, the South Carolina Center for Assistive Technology and Educational Research provides education-related services to supplement the activities and functions of other entities at the University of South Carolina that work with individuals with disabilities. Specifically, we:
- Provide training and presentations on assistive technologies and creating accessible online courses
- Provide information on currently available assistive technology equipment, software, and related resources for the classroom.
- Serve as a Beta-test site for various assistive technology equipment and software. Individuals (both UofSC and non-UofSC) interested in learning about new and forthcoming assistive technology hardware and software that can be used in the classroom can see demonstrations in our lab.
- Maintain an assistive technology lab and provide educational resources.
- Conduct research to integrate and the assistive technologies to meet the needs of people with disabilities.