Skip to Content

College of Education


Graduate Assistantships

If you're a College of Education graduate student interested in earning some money and working in an academic environment, a graduate assistantship with us will benefit you.

Types of Assistantships

Each of our four departments (the Departments of Physical Education, Educational Studies, Educational Leadership and Policies, and Instruction and Teacher Education, which includes the Children's Center) offer graduate assistantships.

Our graduate assistants do a variety of jobs for us, depending on their skills and work. Some teach undergraduate courses, grade papers or proctor testing; some do research; some assist with the administration of programs and of the college; some do clerical work, including typing and filing; and some supervise student teaching practicums.

Our graduate assistants may also serve as instructional assistants or teaching assistants, depending on their area of study. Our students work under the direct supervision of our faculty and staff, providing a high-quality learning opportunity and relevant career experience.


While College of Education graduate assistantships do not receive sick leave, holiday pay or insurance as a benefit, many other financial incentives are included. Depending upon factors such as the department you work in and hours worked, a graduate assistantship can give you discounted, or even in-state, tuition if you're an out-of-state student. Also, the student health insurance premium is sometimes discounted for students with graduate assistantships. So in addition to money in your pocket, it can really pay to work with us if you're a graduate student.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.