Make a Request
Sample instruction topics include searching the Find It @ UofSC catalog, using general and subject-specific databases, basic and advanced search strategies, or locating a source from a citation.
Please note the following requirements:
- Submit your request at least 14 days in advance
- Your course must have an assignment that requires use of library resources
- Instructors must attend the session to answer assignment-related questions
- Sessions are not scheduled until you receive confirmation
Librarians will work with you to customize sessions to fit the needs of your course and assignment(s).
- Sessions can take all or only part of your class period
- You can schedule multiple sessions over the course of the semester
- Location can be your classroom, a library classroom, or online
- Instruction can be asynchronous using online tutorials or guides
Tips for Successful Sessions
Prepare your students to get the most out of their library instruction.
- Discuss the assignment with students before the session
- Schedule instruction at the point when students are starting their research
- Provide the librarian with the assignment materials in advance
No Research Assignment?
Due to staffing constraints, instruction sessions with a librarian must be designed around a course assignment requiring research. But you can still use existing online tutorials and research guides to give your students an introduction to the library.