The University of South Carolina Libraries makes every effort to ensure that it has appropriate rights to provide access to content. Where possible, the University of South Carolina Libraries secures the rights to use works that are in copyright. Materials made available online are for educational and scholarly use.
Parties who have questions or who wish to contest the use of specific works may contact an administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to identify and request the removal of the offending content. Please be as detailed as possible in your communication. The administrator will communicate with relevant parties across the University of South Carolina system to determine if the complaint is valid. Depending on the determination, the library may restrict access or remove the content from the repository. A decision will be communicated as quickly as possible.
Please include the following in your request:
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and enough information to permit us to locate the material, such as the exact URL where you found the item;
- Your contact information, such as an address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed and that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and made under penalty of perjury, and
- Your physical or electronic signature.