Skip to Content

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Transfer Credits from Other Schools

Transferring Credits from Out-of-State Institutions 

Generally for transfer credit, UofSC will accept all non-remedial coursework taken at regionally-accredited institutions. You can find more information on how your transfer courses will be evaluated, as well a link to existing transfer equivalencies, on the Registrar's Office website.

Transferring Credits from In-State Institutions

If you are a student at another public college or university in South Carolina, you can also use the University Registrar's course equivalency table to see how your classes may transfer to UofSC. You must apply and be admitted to UofSC before an official review of your transfer credits occurs. Some classes may not transfer to UofSC or be applicable to your degree program.

How to Use the Table 

To confirm University of South Carolina approved course equivalencies on our Course Equivalency Table, select USC Columbia/Regional Campuses from the drop down menu and then select your institution. Next, find the subject code and course number for the course you would like to confirm. The table will list your course on the left side of the table, and its USC equivalency courses on the right.

Use this information to work with your advisor and choose the best fit for your degree plan. If you do not see the course you are looking for, please complete our Undergraduate Course Evaluation Request Form.

Course Equivalency Table

Instructional Video: USC's Transfer Course Equivalency Table


Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.