PD Team members represent all units of the division and come from a variety of positions, knowledge areas and experiences. They typically serve two-year appointments.
Tad Derrick, Co-chair
Title: Associate Director of Harm Reduction and Compliance, Fraternity and Sorority Life
Morgan Ruebusch, Co-chair
Title: Assistant Director for Gamecock Gateway, Student Success Center
Title: Residence Life Coordinator for Women's Quad, University Housing
Title: Coordinator for Student Conduct and the Carolina Judicial Council, Student Conduct
and Academic Integrity
Emily Purdy, Student Personnel Association Representative
Title: Graduate Assistant for Supplemental Instruction, Student Success Center
Title: Coordinator for Academic Integrity, Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
Title: Manager for Graduate Student Advising, Career Center
Employees are eligible to serve on the PD Team if they:
- are employed by the Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support
- have served at least one year in their current role.
Successful members of the PD Team possess the following:
- excellent organization skills
- the ability to carry out multiple tasks at once
- good communication and people skills
- a creative approach to problem-solving
- strong attention to detail
- the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Members of the PD Team enjoy:
- opportunities to develop and enhance skills
- increased connection with campus resources
- opportunities for professional growth and progress toward career goals
- increased sense of belonging.
Apply for the Team
Applications to join the PD Team for the 2023-24 year will be accepted in spring 2023.