- Kirsten Kennedy
- Silvia Patricia Rios Husain
- Alicia Bervine
- Shay Malone
- Shanna Robinson
- Zo Sediqi
- Kaitlin Yoffie
- Debbie Grabski
- Ray DeJesus
Council Member Talent Audit
- Officers shared the individual skills they bring to the group.
- Inventory of the team’s overall strengths include:
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Result oriented
- Communication outside of weekly meetings was identified as a potential blind spot.
Council Ground Rules
Officers created five ground rules that will guide the work. Officers will hold each other accountable to the ground rules established.
- Respect – challenge ideas, bring forth ideas and do not gossip, respect differences of opinions, open mindedness, making no assumptions.
- Confidentiality – conversations kept confidential, what is shared stays in the room, create a safe space.
- Accountability – shared responsibility, accountability for completing assignments, follow through on commitments, fully engaged in the process.
- Honesty – open communication, transparency. Bravery in taking ownership of the work as a team.
- Consensus – decisions will be made and presented out as a group effort.
- The Council was updated on conversation about consulting work. A consultant suggested an institution-wide assessment as it is best practice; however, this is not within the scope of the council. The cost of consultants is between $12,000 up to $100,000. Climate surveys are time consuming, and the group does not want to lose their current momentum.
- Identifying what is happening right now within the division in the areas of employee retention and diversity training.
- Officers will individually review three audit questionnaires from Conducting an Institutional
Diversity Audit in Higher Education and come to meeting next week with ideas and recommendations
for modifications to tailor them to the division.
- Inventory of Diversity Education Programs
- Building an Inclusive Talent Proposition through Recruitment, Hiring, and Search Committee Development
- TRS and Retention Practices
- Employee retention
- Diversity training
- The council will reach out to the Career Center to learn about the work taking place in the area of student employment.