You'll be doing the real work of helping run housing programs and overseeing our students' experience and creating communities in our residence halls.
This is a live-in position.
The assistant residence life coordinator position is 20 hours per week.
- Co-supervision, selection, training and evaluation of resident mentors in your building.
- Help manage daily operations in the residence hall: supervising student staff, weekly staff meetings, opening and closing the halls, student follow-up and more.
- Hear conduct cases, serve on department committees and attend professional development sessions.
All graduate positions participate in a rotating on-call duty system.
We provide all residence life graduate assistants with an apartment in one of our residence halls to better support student learning and respond to after-hours crisis.
- 1 or 2 Bedrooms
- Living Room and Kitchen
- Laundry in Your Hall
- Cable and High-Speed internet
- Electricity and Water Included
- Plan and execute programs, seminars and events in collaboration with community Peer Leaders (student workers) and Resident Mentors (student leaders living in the building).
- Lead and contribute to digital communications targeted to community members: e-newsletter, social media and texts.
- Serve as an advisor and coach to E&I community members, implementing CRM to track and manage engagement of community members.
- Work collaboratively on a variety of projects which may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and attending E&I’s presence during UofSC Admissions events. This position will require occasional Saturday work events.
- With the Leadership Team, read and score resident applications in both Fall and Spring semesters.
- May serve as Teaching Assistant in E&I courses, including UNIV 101 and ENTR 201, Foundations of Entrepreneurism and Free Enterprise.
- Participate in periodic assessments and evaluations of individual student leaders, organizations, programs and events, committees, and overall E&I community
- Attend all staff meetings, meet once a week with supervisor, and meet regularly with student leaders. The GA will establish and host Office Hours and be available to students during these times.
- Serve as an active and engaged member of the E&I community, attending community and building programs and events when possible (GA whole self and success as a student first and second, GA position third).
- Attend and participate in assigned trainings and meetings (including but not limited to University Housing Fall training, Community Education Team meetings, Division meetings, committee meetings).
- Support, implement, and enforce University Policies and procedures and serve as a role model in abiding by these policies.
- Maintain professional role and attitude in relation to students, staff, and faculty at all times.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Check out the job description here.
Stipend: $15,000 first year, $15,500 second year
Tuition Reduction: $2,100 fall and spring, $800 summer