I want help preparing for ASHA certification and the Praxis exam. What do I need to know?
- COMD presentation on ASHA certification
- ASHA Membership Information
- ASHA Certification Information
- ASHA Information on the praxis examination
- COMD Praxis Prep Workshop information
Meet Your Read to Succeed Requirements
The University of South Carolina’s Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is offering three, one-credit (20 hour) literacy modules to help speech-language pathologists (SLPs) and speech-language therapists meet the R2S requirements for SLPs (non-instructional staff) in the public school setting. SLP personnel, certified by the SC State Department of Education with the classification of “Speech-Language Therapist,” are required to obtain three-credits (60 hours) of literacy coursework. All three modules must be taken to earn R2S credit. The first two modules may now be taken online via digital streaming videos. Click here for more information.
I want CEUs for ASHA certification and S.C. Teacher Certificate and S.C. license renewal. What do I need to know?
COMD is approved by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See course information for number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.
Our current CEU opportunities include:
This workshop is a self-study activity provided in DVD format to assist with test preparation for the NEW (5331) Praxis exam for speech-language pathology. This self-study workshop has been developed by the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of South Carolina at the University of South Carolina.
Information on CEUs:
- ASHA information on Continuing Education
- ASHA’s Frequently Asked Questions about earning CEUs
- S.C. State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- S.C. State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Continuing Education Policy
- S.C. Department of Education information on Recertification
- S.C. Department of Education - Certificate Renewal Matrix