Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Professor, Chemical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
541 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
CV of Dr. Zhou
Ph.D., Missouri University of Science and Technology, 2001
M.S., East China University of Science and Technology, 1997
B.S., East China University of Science and Technology, 1994
The general objectives of Dr. Zhou's Laboratory for Electrodics and Ionics are to develop sustainable solutions to meet ever growing energy demand, and at the same time prevent or reverse the degradation of the environment. The research interests are in the area of fundamental multiscale physics and electrochemistry of materials and interfaces for energy systems, including fuel cells, thermoelectrics, photoelectrochemistry, capacitors, and batteries; opto-electronic materials; nanocrystalline electronic ceramics; biomass; and gas separation membranes for carbon capture.
- X.-D. Zhou, L. R. Pederson, E. Thomsen, D. Senor, Z. Nie, G. Coffey, B. McCarthy, "Nonstoichoimetry and Transport Properties of Ca3Co4-xO9," Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, 12, F1 - F3, 2009.
- B. P. McCarthy, L. R. Pederson, R. E. Willford, and X.-D. Zhou, "Low-temperature densification of lanthanum strontium manganite ( La1-xSrxMnO3+Î´ ), x - 0.0 - 0.20," Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 92, 1672 - 1678, 2009.
- X.-D. Zhou, J. Templeton and J. W. Stevenson, "Stability of Electrochemical Performance of the Cathode for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, I. Cross Validation of the Measurement of Polarizations by ac Impedance Spectroscopy and dc I-V Sweep," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 157, B220 - 227, 2010.
- Z. Lu, X.-D. Zhou, J. Templeton, and J. W. Stevenson, "Enhanced Performance of an Anode-supported YSZ Thin Electrolyte Fuel Cell with a Laser-deposited Sm0.2Ce0.8O1.9 Interlayer," Electrochemical Communications 12, 179 - 182 ( 2010 ).
- X.-D. Zhou, S. P. Simner, J. W. Templeton, and J. W. Stevenson, "Stability of Electrochemical Performance of the Cathode for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, II. Role of Ni Diffusion on LSM Degradation,"Journal of the Electrochemical Society ( in press ).