Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Dr. Harik’s research interest include automated tool path planning for fiber placement, automation of process planning for aircraft structural parts, mechanical feature shape recognition based on persistent heat signature, 5-axis flank milling optimization and obtaining an optimal part build orientation efficiently in additive manufacturing.
- Ph.D., Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, Université de Lorraine - France, 2007.
- M.S., Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Université de Lorraine - France, 2004.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lebanese University ULFG2 - Lebanon, 2003.
- Y. Zhang, A. Bernard, R. Harik, K Karunakaran, “Build Orientation Optimization for Multi-part Production in Additive Manufacturing”, In press, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing (2015), ISSN: 1572-8145
- Y. Zhang, A. Bernard, RK. Gupta, R. Harik, “Feature Based Building Orientation Optimization for Additive Manufacturing”, In press, Rapid Prototyping Journal (2015), ISSN: 1355-2546
- R. Harik, W. ElHachem, K. Medini, A. Benard, “Defining a performance measurement approach towards a holistic sustainability index.”, In press, International Journal of Production Research (2015), ISSN: 0020-7543
- R. Harik, A. Nicolas, M. Dassouki, A. Bernard, “Geometrical and aerodynamic enhancement analysis of a birdlike wing”, International journal for computer-aided engineering and software (2015), Volume 32 (1), ISSN: 0264-4401
- R. Harik, J. Issa, “Design of a vibration absorber for harmonically forced damped systems”, (2013), Accepted for publication in Journal of Vibration and Control, ISSN: 1077-5463
- R. Harik, H. Gong, A. Bernard, “5 Axis Flank Milling: a state of the art”, Computer Aided Design, Volume 45 (3) (2013), pp. 796-808
- S. Chandrasegarana, K. Ramani, R. Sriram, I. Horváth, A. Bernard, R. Harik and W. Gao, “The evolution and challenges of knowledge representation in product design systems”, Computer Aided Design, Volume 45 (2) (2013), pp. 204-228
- R. Harik, W. Derigent and G. Ris, “Computer Aided Process Planning in Aircraft Manufacturing”, Computer-Aided Design and Applications 5 (6) (2008), pp. 953