Announcement Release Date: October, 2017
Application Receipt Date: Open deadline from November 15 to March 1st.
Award Announcement: Within six weeks of receipt
Awards will be up to $2,000 and applicants may request a project period of up to 18 months.
Eligible applicants include all tenured, tenure-track and clinical faculty members.
1. Develop a one to two page proposal that addresses the following items:
- Justification of the need for the technology equipment including descriptions of the instruction and/or research being supported with the requested equipment, and how and by whom the equipment will be used.
- Description of the educational instruction or research benefits if this proposal is funded.
- Detailed budget listing total technology equipment cost.
2. Attach the following supportive documentation to the end of the proposal packet:
- Technology equipment specifications, descriptions and vendor cost quotes.
- A table/list of all the faculty users of the proposed technology equipment.
- Include a statement of support from the applicant’s Department Chair. If the Department is providing matching funds, this statement should include that figure.
- A statement suggesting where the technology equipment would be permanently located within the College. All equipment purchased with a Technology Grant will be permanently incorporated into the College of Education after the completion of your project, but you may suggest a specific location for the equipment such as within your Department or within the College of Education’s Faculty Equipment Check-Out System.
3. Electronically submit the completed proposal packet to Rebecca Wessinger at RINEHARR@mailbox.sc.edu to express interest.
Applications that are complete will be evaluated for merit by either the Ad Hoc Committee on Research for proposals inclusive of a research component or the Faculty Welfare Committee for proposals focused on instruction. Awards will be announced within six weeks of receipt of the application.