Getting your name right is important to us. With our new online system, graduates can input their phonetic pronunciation and record
Students who are participating in commencement exercises will have the opportunity to provide a phone recorded message of their name, as they would like it pronounced at graduation, as well as supply a phonetic pronunciation and other helpful information through our Online Portal.
Students who have completed the graduation application, have been approved for candidacy and indicated that they are attending commencement will receive an email directing them to our online portal for name pronunciation.
The window for Spring 2018 commencement name pronunciation opens on or before March 26, Monday - and will close April 6, Friday.
How it works
- An email notification will be sent to your @email.sc.edu when the portal opens.
- Register your account through our Online Portal
- Follow the link to the Online Portal
- Click "Please click here to register"
- Enter your @email.sc.edu, USC assigned address
Please note that the website registration will only work if you register with the email address where you received this email.
- An email will be sent to your @email.sc.edu address prompting you to create a passwod
- Login to the Online Portal and Complete the form
- Enter the phonetic pronunciation, if you feel it is necessary
- Record how you would like your name to be pronounced.
- Enter your phone number, you will receive a call prompting you to record your name.
- Complete the form and submit
- A confirmation email will be sent to @email.sc.edu
Please use our Contact Us Form if you run into issues submitting the form. Select “Commencement Name Pronunciation” in the “Message Subject” field and type your concern or question.